Q. Can I meet/speak with the Program Coordinator or Director before submitting my proposal?
A. Due to the high number of proposals and inquiries we receive, it is not always possible to meet with or speak directly to each person or respond to specific questions by email. If your proposal is accepted, we will be happy to answer any questions when we meet to discuss/negotiate program details.
Q. How do facilitators get paid?
A. Facilitators are typically paid on a per-participant rate. We are unable to provide a detailed financial framework until a proposal is accepted and the budget is established.
Q. What criteria are used when evaluating proposals?
A. There are several things we consider when reviewing and deciding upon a new proposal:
- How well does this program embody RRU’s Learning and Teaching Model?
- Is the facilitator offering original, compelling and inspiring content and activities?
- How well does this course create the conditions for people to transform themselves?
- Is this a leading-edge program using current research, addressing emerging trends?
- How well does this course fit the categories of learning in Continuing Studies?
- Who is the self that is called to teach? What experiences has this facilitator had in the past?
- How strong is this marketing plan/promotional strategy (will we together be able to attract enough students to meet or exceed minimum enrolments)?